More Healthy Snack Ideas!
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on freshly popped popcorn.
- Fill a waffle cone with fruit and top with low-fat vanilla yogurt.
- Add whole grain cheese crackers to a cup of hot tomato or vegetable soup.
- Dip baby carrots, celery, cucumber slices, broccoli, cauliflower, or cherry tomatoes in low-fat ranch dressing.
- Dip baked tortilla chips in salsa or bean dip.
- Toast frozen waffles and dip in cinnamon applesauce.
- Dip animal crackers in low-fat pudding (experiment with flavors!).
- Make a classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but use cookie cutters to make fun shapes.
- Mix peanut butter with cornflakes. Shape into balls and roll in graham cracker crumbs.
- Make a fruit and yogurt parfait by layering your favorite fruit with vanilla yogurt in a tall glass. Add granola for extra crunch.
- Drizzle low-fat yogurt over a banana and top with granola or your favorite whole grain cereal.
- Dip strawberries or apple slices in low-fat yogurt.
These ideas came from the American Dietetic Association.
Image credit: mariakomar / 123RF Stock Photo