Sell Your Stuff: Tips for a Successful Yard Sale – Part 3
In Part 1 and Part 2, we gave you tips for planning your date and location, choosing your sale items, pricing your items, advertising, and organizing. Now, we offer tips on customer relations and closing your sale!
- Greet customers as they arrive and thank them for stopping by. Be enthusiastic!
- Provide bags and offer to help carry items to vehicles.
- Sell cold drinks, especially on hot days, but offer ice water (poured from a pitcher) for free.
- Don’t hover over customers, but do watch them and be available for questions.
- If you receive a big bill, leave it in plain sight as you make change so both you and the customer remember exactly how much they gave you.
At the End
- Remove all signs.
- Donate leftover items to charity.
- Clean the yard and return borrowed items.