Five Tips for Maintaining An Organized Pantry
You took the time to create an organized food pantry, but what things can you do to keep it that way? Here are our top tips:
- Arrange cans, bottles and boxes on the shelves with the labels facing out.
- If you use a turntable, keep taller items near the center to keep items from falling when spinning.
- When you are adding newer purchased items, move the older items of the same kind to the front of the pantry shelf.
- For items such as spices that may not have a stamped “Best till” date, mark the label with the date you opened it. It will make it easy to determine later if it is good to use. Need a suggestion for containers keep everything neat and streamlined, so there’s less time fumbling over pantry items? Try the Linus Storage Binz from Amazon to help fit your storage needs.
- Store opened bags of chips, cookies, rice, dry beans and other dry goods in stackable plastic bins so you can see what is inside.
What system do you have in place to stay organized? Share them below…
Are you looking for a simple checklist to make organizing and shopping an easier task? Click the pic to print:
Kathy Jenkins is a nationally recognized certified organizer, speaker and writer. She is the founder of Come To Order and is dedicated to helping her clients simplify their lives by reducing clutter, organizing their homes and offices, and managing their time. For more tips on organizing your schedule, life and home, follow Kathy on Twitter.
photo credit: PKMousie via photopin cc
Purchased your single tier mesh spice rack to coordinate with the 3-tier mesh spice racks I had already purchased and installed. Unfortunately, in my excitement at finding the matching singles to best work in my space, I didn’t notice the dimensions. These are way too wide for my pantry doors. Can I find them in the 11-12” width that the 3 tier is?
We love the look of these in our kitchen and will find some use for the bigger ones (hopefully) but need some narrower ones to complete my pantry cabinet.